After 20 days we have developed some new and healthy habits. These are pretty simple and are fairly easy to follow.
- Drink 1 pint of lemon water first thing in the morning.
- Drink another 4-5 pints of water each day. Try to drink each pint quickly (no sipping throughout the day) and finish by dinner time.
- Eat three meals and a snack each day. Enjoy 1 oz of dark chocolate or fruit with whipped cream for dessert.
- Eat a fruit with breakfast.
- Drink coffee with half and half.
- Have a serving of vegetables PLUS greens at lunch and dinner.
- Include vegetarian proteins like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, nuts, cheese, chickpeas, and chia seeds.
- Animal protein, usually only at dinner. 4-6 oz for women, 6-8 oz for men.
- Snacks can include protein – hummus or nut butter with carrots or rye crackers; a piece of fruit; raw, unsalted nuts.
- If we are expecting to eat a high sodium meal, prepare by having some high potassium snack, since it’s suppose to negate sodium – leafy greens, particularly kale, or salt-free potato chips
- Continue to note weight every morning. If there’s a gain, take the day to eat a plan friendly menu.